To be a leader in patient care and medical research utilizing our diversity and unique assets while driving economic growth.
The Illinois Medical District Commission (IMDC) IMDC fosters economic growth of the IMD partners by supporting healthcare, research, program, technology commercialization and real estate development initiatives. The IMDC facilitates collaboration among clinicians, academic researchers, private industry and patients, acting as an independent third party convener that brings institutions and individuals together around common needs, goals and themes. The IMD has:
- The most divergent patient population in the U.S from both an ethnic and socioeconomic perspective;
- More than 50,000 people visit the Illinois Medical District each day;
- More than 500 principal investigators are supported by $220 million in research funding;
- More than 700 clinical trials that include participation of the District’s hospitals and medical researchers;
- 55 acres of raw land available for development